I had to take Mia back to the docs this week to see why her rash keeps appearing sporadically. Her ped told us that she prob has a high level of histamine in her and that she may continue to get the rash for a while. He said she looks great though and that the rash is nothing to be alarmed about. Phew! I asked about her crankiness and he said that that comes along with her age! haha!! I also asked about hitting us (which she did in front of him) and he said to ignore her (as funny as that sounds)..and that it does work! He said if she sees us reacting to the hitting, then that will cause her to hit more b/c she is getting attention from it. He said to get up and walk away from her when she hits and not to react (naughty spot etc) to it. We're giving it a try!
Here are Mia's stats:
Wt = 31 lbs (hasn't changed in months)
Ht = 37 1/2 in (grew one inch since Oct)
Mia is getting better with the hitting and not doing it as much. I still have to keep a close eye on her when she is around Keegan (I'm always be her when she is by him). We're trying to reward her when she is good (kissing Keegan etc) and ignore her when she hits us or the animals. Hopefully it will work! We'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment