I think we are nipping the swaddle in the butt...aka, deswaddling! ? Keegan fell asleep on me when I was taking him up for nap and I decided not to swaddle him. I place him in the crib and he woke up (which were my intentions), stirred a bit and fell asleep for about 15 mins w/ no swaddle! Butttt he has been in his crib now for 30 mins, crying off and on, but not a hard cry. I hear him sucking on his fists from time to time which is what he loves to do. Right now, he is really crying so I may go get him to see if I can calm him down. I think we are actually going to try this out and I knowwwwwwwww it's going to be hard on him...and me (no sleep at night perhaps!), but for how long is the question We also decided not to swaddle b/c he is getting too big for the swaddle we have and I don't want to buy another one. Guess that's reason enough to start the unwrapping! Wish us luck! I'm going to need it!
Well it's not looking good w/ the deswaddling. :( Josh got frustrated and I know Keegan can sense it. I thought he was on board with the deswaddling but he just basically said he's not which I'm a bit upset about. So if he can't help me out, then I'm going to have to go back to swaddling until Keegan is rolling over or getting out of it consistently. I can't do this by myself and really need my hubby's help. It's only been 30 mins and I don't see an end to Keegan's screaming. :( I know I said I was just going to do it, but I may just have to wait. I'll keep you posted.
I went back to swaddling Keegan. Josh was too stressed out w/ all the crying and Keegan was definitely sensing it. Keegan would literally just scream each time we pupd and although I was on board with the deswaddling, I don't think the time is right. Keegan is now asleep after an hour of screaming and picking up and putting down. Now just may not be the time to start deswaddling since we both need to agree to help each other with it. Keegan's just happier deswaddled!
No comments:
Post a Comment