Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Nighttime Sleep Update

After a few rough nights (yes, he is still not sleeping well!) of getting up around 12am and then again around 3:30-4, Keegan proved to me last night that he may not like what I am eating. I decided to give him formula at his last feed at 8:20, he took 6 oz and went right to sleep practically. We were waiting for him to get up at 12am like he has since Sat night but he didn't! The next thing I know, it's 4:35 am and he is crying!!!!!! WOW! 7 1/2 hours of sleep he got! We were shocked! I really think his sleep patterns are all over the board b/c of what I am eating. I don't think he likes pizza or pasta and some veggies. It's mostly what I eat for dinner that may make him irritable. So I'm going to try formula again tonight to see how he does. Oh and I also tried to deswaddle him (not wrap him up) for his nap 30 mins ago, and he was not having it at all! He just laid there with his arms flailing and screamed! After trying to get him calm down and asleep for 20 mins or so, I went back to swaddling him and he went right to sleep! Goes to show you our little boy is not like his sister Mia who didn't like to be all wrapped up at night. I just think he lovessssssssss being all warm and cozy in his swaddle! My motto is why fix something that is not broken! Eventually he'll grow out of the swaddle, but for now it's what works for us! :)

It's snowing here! Mia got to see snow falling for the first time today! We got a good dusting and it was so pretty coming down! She loved it! :)

Time for some "me" time before both kids get up!

No comments: