Back to the swaddling, my husband feels that since Keegan is not getting out of his swaddle why take him out of it if he's fine in it. I do agree with that but just wanted to bit the bullet before we really have to. We are going to hold off on the deswaddling for now. And he did agree to help me when it does come time to unwrap Keegan.
I am being consistent with everything else. Here is our schedule (approximate times, may vary within 30 mins):
8am (lately) we get up
Breastfeed for about 40 mins (he's a sucker!)
10:15ish up in his room, swaddle, turn on mobile and water sound,
tell him "night night" and place him in his crib. He
usually cries for a few minutes and as soon as I go to
check on him, he is out like a light!
11-11:15 He usually awakes, or sooner. His naps generally last
about 30-45 mins, sometimes 60 mins. I will try to put him
back down when he gets up after 30 mins. Sometimes he will
sleep another 10 and I will try again (patting, pupd).
11:30 Feed (3 1/2 hours), keep awake and play
1:45 ish nap, same as above
2:15-2:45 he'll get up, I'll try to pupd to see if I can extend nap,
which sometimes works and sometimes does not
3pm breastfeed for 40 mins, keep awake and play
5:15 nap, same as above
5:45-6:15 up, I'll do the same as above
6:30 breastfeed, keep awake
8 bath, swaddle, turn on womb sound, breastfeed
8:45-9 crib, awake but falls right asleep
Now he is where he isn't consistent:
2:30-3 up, usually big pee diaper, and wants to be fed, breastfeed
3-3:30 crib
Sleeps about another 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours before getting up again.
So our start time each day may vary from 7-8am but lately it's been right around 8am.
Last night, Keegan did alright:
10:30pm swaddled, fell right asleep as soon as I put him down
awake
3:50am up, I patted him and he drifted off for another 10
minutes. I know he woke up b/c he was passing gas and
got all upset. He wasn't even hungry until he started
crying and saw me. I tried patting again but the gas got
to him I think. I then changed and fed him.
4:35 crib (didn't burp)
8am woke up right at 8am and we started our day
So as you can see, I can being consistent with our nap and night time rituals. I love that I can just place him in his crib and he is asleep within in minutes! And he does like to be swaddled and proved it to me last night when we went back to swaddling and he was out within minutes. I know it's going to get to the point where he is really trying to get out of it and that will definitely be the time where we need to bite the bullet. I know then my hubby will definitely be willing to help me out. Right now, we're going to stick with what's working and hope that Keegan can extend his morning awakenings. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment