Thursday, November 08, 2007

Switching to Formula for a few days

Well I am trying Keegan on formula (soy) to see if there is a change in his gassiness. I think there is something in my milk which he does not agree with and I can't pinpoint it but it may be dairy related. I gave him formula most of the time yesterday and he seemed to be a bit less gassy. He even slept a 7 hour stretch (with a dream feed at 10:30 where I don't wake him up)!! That was so nice to sleep that long! I loved it! I needed it too! I gave him formula again today and his #2's are less (which always woke him up in the mornings) and he's not scrunching up much...and not passing gas as much. I'm going to try the formula for another day or two and just pump in the meantime. I was told that if it is a milk allergy, that he'll grow out of it so I should save my milk that I pump. I'm going to call my doc tomorrow to see what they think and what I should take to get calcium if I need to cut of dairy. I'll keep you posted!

Oh also, I went back to swaddling Keegan yesterday for his naps. Lit'l sthinker loves to flail so in order for him to sleep better, I need to wrap him like a burrito for a bit longer. :)

No comments: