Friday, August 03, 2007

36 Week Prenatal Appointment

Hi Guys,

I had my 36 week appointment today and all went well. I'm not dilated yet and my doc said I have a lot to go, but that Keegan's head is down. I weighed in at 147 lbs, 3 1/2 lb weight gain since my appt 2 weeks ago, and am really all belly w/ no swelling anywhere. My doc said she would have hated me when she was prego but since she's not, she likes me...haha! :) I think I gained about 30 lbs so far and I have 3 weeks to go. I'm definitely a bit away from my 48 lb weight gain I had with Mia...that was mostly all water.

My C-section is all set to go on Fri. Aug. 24th, but I won't know the time until the date gets closer. I asked my doc how long it will be before I can pick up Mia and she said at least 6 weeks but could be 8. Josh said he'll get Mia up, put her down for naps and bedtime too...and also he'll prob have to put her in her highchair for me unless we get a booster that we can just sit on the floor. I also asked if I could climb stairs and my doc said at first, I'll prob only be able to do it once-twice a day but once I start feeling better, there's no limit...just have to be careful though.

My next appointment is in one week on Fri. Aug 10th. I may have to reschedule it though b/c Josh will be gone to Cali for work from this Sunday for one week and I'm not sure who can watch Mia since we are just getting to know our neighbors.

I only have 3 weeks to go and still have a lot to do in his room. We just bought a crib and changing table which will be here in a week....funny thing is is that it is the same one my twin got and I didn't even know until I asked her! I attached pics of the crib and changing table...they're actually pics from Patsy's nursery. We're also getting bedding we saw the other night at Babies R Us...I attached a pic. We were going to get one similar to Patsy's (critters), (once again, I didn't realize she picked out something similar to what we liked...we must have that twin thing!), but Josh really likes the Lil Dino bedding so we may go with that instead. Mia and I will venture out next week to get the bedding so we'll have it before the crib gets here. The only thing we prob can't do before Keegan gets here is paint. We'll prob do that after his arrival so I can help Josh with it.

Other than that, all is well here and we look forward to celebrating Mia's 2nd bday (actual bday was 3 weeks ago...yes, she will have had 2 bdays for her 2nd bday...haha) at Dewey Beach tomorrow with the Carrolls and their friends. The weather should be nice once again and we look forward to taking Mia to the beach...hopefully she'll like the sand and ocean this time around! :)

Hope all is well with you all!

Love,

Cathy, Josh, Mia and soon-to-be Keegan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should paint the room before the baby comes, so you don't gas the baby out.

marti said...

Did you ever think to ask Mia's Nana?