Well the house is officially ours today! Josh and his dad the walk through today to be sure all is in working order and it went very well. There are a few minor things the builders need to come back to fix and they have one month to do it (got it in writing too). Josh also got the keys which makes it all seem very real! I just can't wait to move in and get settled after waiting almost 2 months! Now we just have to get some appliances and furnish the dining room, family room, guest bedroom along with Keegan's room...fun stuff!
As far as Mia, she is one busy girl! She loves to run around and say "Mia running". She also loves to go around in circles and chase her shadow which she just discovered a few days ago. Mia also did her first pee on the potty last week! We've been trying to put her on the potty before bedtime and so far, it's only worked once. She sat down for a while, holding her almost furless bunny and peed! The potty played music which kind of scared her b/c she wasn't expecting it to play. So I gently held her down and told her it was okay but she got up after a few seconds. She did a little tinkle and we were all like "YEAAAAA MIAAAAA!" She was excited and even did a bit more afterwards.
Just the other day, Mia started singing "rocky a bye baby" b/c when my mom would put her down to sleep, she'd sing that song and rock her. Well now it's Mia's fav song and it is so cute hearing her sing it! She also likes to sing "Happy Bday to Mia" and when asked how old she will be this Sat the 14th, she says "TWO!!". Mia also knows how to count to 10 but doesn't always do it on command...go figure! She also tries to sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" which she usually has me sing to her before bed. Also right when I put her down for bed, she now wants me to "airplane" her froggy and bunny into her crib! haha! Yeah well her Uncle Paulie is to blame for that b/c he airplanes Mia whenever he visits us. She loves it! So now I do it to her animals and then she puts her little fussy bear blanket on her belly and I rub it. She usually says, "Rub the belly button, rub the belly button" whenever I try to leave the room. It's too precious!
Mia had a good 4th of July and so did Josh and I. We visited with my family and although it was rainy day, we had a good time. Mia just loved swinging on the swing and really didn't want to do anything else! Her 2 year old appt is on July 24th so we'll keep you posted and let you know how that goes.
Keegan is doing well too and is one active baby! He loves to kick my bladder and ribs which is always fun to feel! :) I feel him more when I'm laying down at night than I do when I'm up during the day. Josh felt him hiccup the other night and it was just too cool and amazing. My tummy is getting big but I have no stretch marks or swelling thankfully. I was supposed to have a doc appt today in DE but I moved it to July 19th. I'm not sure if they were able to schedule me for my c-section on Aug. 24th but I'll find out then. If so, I have 43 days left and am feeling great and excited!
Well that's about it for the Carroll Family Update. Hope you enjoyed reading my updates. I know they updates are always long, but like I've always said, if you don't want to read it, just delete it! :) By the way, Keegan has the hiccups as we speak! :)
Have a great day and we'll send pics of our house once we are settled in! I'll let you know how my appt and Mia's appt both go. Poor thing has to get her 2 year old shots! Ouch! :(
Love,
Cathy, Josh, Mia and baby-2-B Keegan :)
No comments:
Post a Comment