Hi All,
Well I had my checkup today and little Keegan is doing well! His heartbeat was in the 140s where it has been for a while now and I'm measuring where I should be at 30 weeks. Weight wise, I haven't gained nearly as much as I did with Mia at 30 weeks. To date, I've gained about 24 lbs, about 13 lbs less than what I was with Mia. Not sure if it's b/c I'm having a boy or b/c I'm running around after a toddler all day....probably due to the latter! haha! Mia def keeps me on my toes!
My doc is trying to schedule my c-section for Friday Aug 24th, about a week before Keegan is due (Sept 1). I'll be delivering in Dover, about 20 mins south of Middletown. The hospital is supposed to be really good and kind of like the hospital where Mia was delivered...small and not very busy. Mothers get their own rooms w/ a flat screen TV (that'll be nice!) pre and post delivery which is what I want b/c of my surgery (another hospital I was looking at had shared rooms w/ a nursery and private rooms (first come first serve) w/ no nursery...and it was just too busy of a hospital for me). Hopefully we can get it scheduled for Aug 24th so we can let our families know when Keegan will make his debut!
I also had to get an ultrasound done yesterday (thurs) to check for placenta previa, which I do not have thankfully! If I did, I'd have to have a c-section anyway. Anywho, during the u/s Keegan was kicking the doppler like crazy! He was keeping me and the tech lady very amused! The pics I saw of him too were so cool and a lot better than they were at 20 weeks. He was moving around a lot at 20 weeks and was a lot smaller. This time though, he is definitely bigger and actually let us see him opening and closing his mouth and I also got to see his feet and hands which were both up by his face...it was so cute and very amazing to see! Oh and she told me that I am DEFINITELYYYYYYYYY having a boy, no doubt about it! haha! Josh smiled when I told him!
Hope you all have a great 4th of July! My next appt is in two weeks on July 12th which is when I'll send my monthly update. I'll let you know how things go as usual!
Have a great day!
Cathy
P.S. Josh and I found out two days ago that our house is being pushed out one week and will HOPEFULLY close on July 13th. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment