Feb 7, 2007 11:18 PM
My Docs Appointment
Hi Guys,
Well I think you all know by now that Josh and I are prego...again! Woo Hoo!! If you don't, then "WE'RE PREGO!!" We are so excited for baby #2 to come and are somewhat prepared for what is to come (sleepless nights, nursing 24/7, changing diapers galore etc..ya know, the fun stuff!)...I hope! I am 10 1/2 weeks along, right behind Patsy who is 13 weeks along. Too cool!! My tummy is def bulging and bigger than it was when I was 10 12 weeks prego with Mia. I say I look like how I was when I was about 14 weeks prego with Mia. I pulled out my maternity clothes but can't fit into most of them just yet. I'm sure I will soon though!
I feel okay despite the nausea I have each day. At first, I didn't have nausea that much unlike the daily nausea I had with Mia from the beginning. With Mia I felt full when I had nausea and really liked breads and pastas. With this pregnancy, my nausea isn't such a full feeling as it is a yakking feeling (sorry for the mental pic). It seems to be worse when my stomach is empty so I need to eat more often than usual. I still like the breads and pastas like I did with Mia and they seem to be the two things that make me feel a little better.
I had my 1st prenatal appt. yesterday and all went very well thankfully! I got weighed in at 123 (w/ clothes on) which is slightly less than I weighed with Mia at 10 weeks. I prob gained about 5 pounds already (w/ clothes on) which is what I expected to gain so far. I still can continue with exercising and go to the gym at least 5-6 times a week. It definitely helped me lose the baby weight I gained with Mia. I lost 48 lbs I gained with Mia within 4 1/2 months and hope that I can do the same with this baby too (if I gain that much again...we'll see!) :)
We got to hear baby #2's heartbeat yesterday which was awesome! I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed by the sound of a baby's heartbeat. :) It took about 3-4 minutes to find the heartbeat b/c the placenta's sound was taking over the Doppler...it was funny. I was getting a bit worried but knew that it had to be there b/c of the daily nausea I have (not as badly as I had with Mia but I still have it...my hormones are def working so that's a good thing!). Once she found it though, it was such an amazing sound! Our baby's heartbeat was in the 170s which is slightly higher than what Mia's was two years ago (hers was in the 160s). My doc said our due date hasn't changed and I will be due on Sept. 1 via a C-section. I'm going to ask her if they will take me earlier than that since most docs do to prevent you from going into labor.
I will be going to the docs once a month now until I get to be about 30 some weeks then I will be going 2x/month. Our next appt. is on March 6 when I will be in my 14th week. We look forward to the visit once again!
I'll be taking some belly shots as I did with Mia for you all to see. It's really amazing to see how big my belly got with Mia and I am still shocked at how BIG I was at the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment