Sunday, March 12, 2006

More tricks

This past Friday as Mia and I were saying bye to Josh after we met up for lunch, she waved bye with one hand when she saw me and Josh doing it in front of her! We were like no wayyyy...then we did it again and she mocked us! Too cute! She did it again today when we were giving her a bath tonight. We said Hi and waved our hands in the air and she did waved once again! :)

Another new thing Mia has been doing is pushing things away. About a week ago, Mia has been pushing things away with her hands when she doesn't want something. When my brother was here visiting, we gave her a toy or something and she shoved it away as if saying get this out of my face mommy....she's been doing it since. Before you know, she'll be doing that and saying NO at the same time! Yikes!

Cold wise, Mia is all congested still...and so are we! I am worse than Josh...I can't smell or taste anything and my eyes are so itchy. Anywho, getting back to Mia.... she has a tough time breathing through her nose at night and has to breathe through her mouth. Well that was tough tonight b/c she wanted to suck her fingers like she always does and that was hard to do b/c her nose is all stuffed up. Soooo she would not go down for us tonight. I put her down at 7:40 and in the 1 hour and 20 mins it took for her to fall asleep, we had to go in 4 times to get her up. She just wanted to be held and would lay her head on our shoulder. Then when we'd go to put her back down, she'd start crying as soon as we left the room. Then it turned into screaming! The 4th time, I had to give her 4 more oz of formula which she took and was happy with. I rocked her in the glider and in my arms....she was soooo sleepy. I gently placed her in the crib and stayed in the room until she was good to go (maybe 5 mins). She was trying to suck her fingers and breathe through her nose...I felt so bad b/c all I heard was a clogged up nose. She eventually was able to cope with it and I ever so quietly left the room. It worked thankfully! PHEW!

That's all for now.... :) More new things to come I'm sure!

No comments: