Well Mr. Keegan has been fighting the swaddle since last week during his naps and so this past Fri, I decided to not wrap him up for his naps. I knew it was time and eventually we'd have to face it...so may as well do it now I thought. Well, it was very very hard at first but he has improved greatly since. He now sucks his thumb on his side while he naps and it's just the cutest! Keegan still protests his naps especially when he touches the bumper or is against it (when his head or feet touch it)...he gets all mad as if trying to say get me away from this thing! We had issues too with him rolling right over as soon as we put him down (w/o the swaddle). He would get livid and scream. It was tough!! BUTTTT we are over that and now just dealing with him touching the bumper when he is against it. We've been doing increment "checks" and it's been going very well. It's called controlled crying and it does work if you stick with it religiously. We have and we've seen a great improvement thankfully! It took him an hour and 11 min to fall asleep for his 2nd nap today but he finally fell asleep and has now been sleeping for an hour and 20 mins! PHEW!! I knew he can do it! It's just going to take time and I just have to be patient. :)
All else is going well with keegan thankfully!
No comments:
Post a Comment