Well I just got back from getting Keegan after 10 minutes of crying. He was stuck once again by the side of the bumper and couldn't move away from it b/c he was swaddled. He also did a tiny tiny little poo mark on his diaper and so I changed him. He then did a big burp (even though I burped him for almost 20 minutes!). And the next thing I did may not have been a good idea but I had to do it b/c he was fighting the swaddle A TON! He usually only does it at night though not during his naps. I deswaddled his arms and just wrapped his body and legs. Not sure if that was a good thing to do but he went down awake and not crying. I stood by his crib for about 5 mins to see what he would do and he just sucked on his hands and was content. It has been about 10 minutes now and he is not crying. I KNOW if I swaddled him he would be screaming right now...I know that for a fact b/c that is what he does when we swaddle him at night after he gets up. Maybe he was trying to tell us he is ready to be deswaddled? Not sure b/c as of about three weeks ago he did not want to be deswaddled for his naps...he just woke up screaming and very cranky. Grrrrr now he is crying! What am I to do? Go back to swaddling? I have no clue but I am so exhausted it is not funny. :( I'll see how he does with the deswaddling and if he won't go back down and is screaming like he is now, I may have to go back to swaddling. He just may not know what to do with his free arms. How long does it take for a baby to get used to his free hands and not wake up screaming when his hands flail? My toddler took to the deswaddling with no problem at all. I just want him to finally sleep through with or without a swaddle. He needs his rest and so do we.
Go to Top of Page
No comments:
Post a Comment