So our little man is now 7 1/2 weeks old and is smiling like crazy! I love it! He prob weighs about 10 1/2 lbs I'd say and is pretty long just like his sister was. He isn't sleeping that well at night but did show an improvement two nights ago when he slept for 4 hours in a row and even did it last night too! Phew! He'll still wake up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours after that but I'm used to it by now. I'm still sleep deprived but what can I do! I have two healthy kiddies whom I love and I'm just grateful for that much. :)
Keegan has been straining to pas gas/poop once again and I really think it's due to my eating chocolate. A few weeks back, there were a bunch of days where he would literally get all red in the face when trying to poop and would strain so hard. The doc said it was normal but I didn't think it was. I was trying to think of what could have been the culprit and the only thing that I ate differently was brownies. I then stopped eating choc and he was fine. So then just this past weekend I wanted to really see if it was choc and so I had a piece of candy which caused him to strain once again. He wouldn't go to sleep for me for 3 hours Monday morning and this was the same way he was when I had those brownies. Anywho, no more choc for me. He isn't straining today thankfully! I'm going to ask my doc about it next week when we have his 2 month appointment.
Mia is doing well too around Keegan abut hit him today while I was holding him. Josh gave her a time out which she hates but she has to learn not to hit a baby. She does give him kisses and hugs which is just too precious.
I am doing well too and getting used to having 2 kiddies whom I love so much. It's def hard juggling things around the house and both of the kids but I do it. I really didn't realize how busy I'd be with both of them and don't know how my mom did it with 4 kids?!!! I give her a ton of credit!! haha! I brought both of them out for the first time 2 weeks ago to a farmers market around here and they did well. Keegan slept the entire time so that was nice. Then I brought them to my cousins house and it wasn't too bad until Keegan had a meltdown on the highway (not a busy one thankfully) and I had to stop to soothe him. I then took them for a walk together the other day in our double stroller we just got. Once again, Keegan slept and Mia just enjoyed being outside. Ppl ask me if we will have more...and I say, "Ask me in a year!" haha! Right now though, I think 2 may be it due to various reasons. We'll see though!
That's it for now....I'll let you know how Keegan's appt goes next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment