Hola Everyone,
It’s our monthly update time so here goes:
Mr. Keegan turns 9 weeks old this Friday (has he 2 month appt Thurs so we'll let you know how it goes) and time is flying by! He is definitely getting more fun and just not a “blob” anymore. haha!! He is also getting pretty active and likes to kick off us when we hold him. Keegan also found his fingers a couple weeks ago and is trying to learn how to keep his fingers in his mouth. He’ll get the hang of it eventually just like Mia did. I wonder if he’ll suck on his two fingers like she does? He also lovessss to smile and coo at us...I just melt with he does it! :) Just yesterday he was trying to roll from his tummy to back but ended up getting frustrated. We’ll keep trying!
Sleep wise, he’ll take naps which aren’t too consistent length wise but is getting there. He’ll nap in his crib mostly but sometimes bouncer if he falls asleep in it. However, he is still not sleeping through the night but has become consistent at sleeping 3 hour stretches. I’m trying to get those to become longer and it happened Sun night when he slept for 5 hours straight! Woo Hoo! I knew he can do it...now I just have to get him to do it again! :) Usually when he does wake up, it’s b/c of a #2. So then I feed him and he is out like a light for another 3 hours due to #2 usually. Just the other day he would not go down for me for 3 hours!!! Ahhhh!! He was wide awake after his 3 am feeding and would not go down. Finally he did but it was only for an hour! :( Anywho, I’m still sleep deprived but the hardest weeks are over thankfully. My body is used to not sleeping well at night so these awakenings don’t bother me so much now-a-days.
Mia is also doing well and is one active 2 year old!! She is still in diapers and in her crib and will be until she tries to climb out. Her language is unbelieveable for a 2 year old (at least that’s what we’ve been told) and I just love to hear her speak. She’ll play a lot in her playroom with her animals and watch her baby Einstein dvds which she loves. Mia also like to undress herself in the mornings and luckily she has yet to take her diaper off in her crib although she has taken it off downstairs. Just the other day she told me, “Mia take off poopie diaper” and I was like OH NO! The diaper was on the floor with #2 in it and there she was with poop still in her butt! haha! I was laughing! Anywho, Mia has yet to go poop in the potty but has successfully now for a couple months gone pee in the potty. Just Sunday, she told Josh, “Mia has to go pee pee” and then peed in the potty! :) She’s getting there and soon enough she’ll be in her Dora underwear (which we tried but she ended up peeing in them which got all over our carpet...oh well!).
Mia had her 2 year old appt today (had to wait for shot records to come from Cali and then they were 2 months out for appts) and here are her stats:
*Weight = 30 lbs 13.8 oz, 70th % tile
* Height = 36 ½ inches!, 90th % tile
* Head = 47. 5 cm, almost 50th % tile
Our doc said we can start giving her 1-2% milk and that she doesn’t need to go to the dentist until she is three. There they gave her a flu shot and I had to hold her down while they poked her thigh...poor thing screamed loudly!! She calmed down after a few mins and liked the bandaid she got. When we got home, she told Josh, “I got a flu shot!” haha!! She’s a nut!
Just last month we took the kiddies to a pumpkin patch where Mia got to pick out two little gourds and walk in a hay maze. It was fun but not as fun as the orchard we went to a couple weeks ago. There, we got pumpkins and apple cider donuts which Mia loved. It was such a nice day and Mia had tons of fun with the things they had there for her. I of course took pics which I uploaded so take a peek when you can. I can’t wait for Halloween and neither can Mia! The Carrolls are going to come here for Halloween and to go trick or treating with us which should be fun! Mia will definitely be excited!
As for me, I am still not back down to my pre-prego weight which I kind of thought I would be since I didn’t gain as much weight this time around. I have about 10 lbs to go and can def seem changes as the weeks roll by. I am going to get back to the gym sometime within the next couple weeks so that may help me out of bit. I am def out of shape!
Josh and I are also doing well and love our 2 kids so much...and being parents!! It is a lot of fun, but yet a lot of work. It is also very rewarding. I really didn’t realize how different it would be with two kids but I think we adjusted pretty well. I do have tough times with them especially when Mia wants something while I feed Keegan and usually I end up carrying him while he is nursing to get her what she wants like milk. Or in the mornings when I’m feeding him and she needs to eat breakfast....I usually put her in with Keegan still attached to me if Josh has a meeting and is unable to help me. Usually though, Josh helps me out a ton which I’m so thankful for! :) Other than that though, it’s not too bad now that I got a routine going. That’s what helped with Mia and I’m sure will help with Mr. Keegan.
Until next month, have a great Halloween and enjoy the pics (on right side under our family pics)
Love,
Cathy, Josh, Miss Mia and Mr. Keegan
No comments:
Post a Comment