Monday, September 24, 2007

Hard night

Well Mr. Keegan gave mommy a reallllllllly hard time last night and wouldn't go to sleep for 3 hours (from 3:45am-7!!!)! He slept close to 2 hours before getting up at 12:45am when I had to feed him. Then he slept from 1:15-1:45am and woke up screammmming! I had no idea what was wrong and he still seemed hungry. I gave him 1 oz which he gladly took and then he let out a big grunt and pooped through his sleeper! Poor guy was trying to poop, but couldn't. I even tried Vaseline but that didn't work. :( He's been like this all last week, trying to push his poop out but had a hard time doing so which caused him to be all cranky. It mostly affects him in the early morning hours (go figure!) like it did today. So when he got up again at 1:45, I changed him and rocked him and he passed out. He then slept for 1 hour and got up at 3:45 and would not, absolutely would not, go to sleep until 7 am! Poor thing just couldn't get his poop out and it just stopped him from drifting off to sleep. I was soooooooooo exhausted, I can't imagine how tired he must have been. And each time I tried to get in bed, he'd start screaming and fussing....I ended up "trying" to sleep on the glider in his room instead, but that didn't work out either. The thing is is that his sleep patterns are so sporadic and I reallllllllly thought it was getting better not worse. Mia, at 1 month, was a good sleeper and slept 4 hours at 3 weeks and then 5-6 hours at 5 1/2-6 weeks old! I guess every baby is different.

My question, for those of you who have boys, is were your boys like this or were they good sleepers? Also, when did they start sleeping well? Keegan doesn't nap too well either unless he is on us or in his bouncer (that is sometime short-lived too). I haven't tried putting him down for naps in his crib yet and prob will in a few weeks. I just want him to get better at napping in his play yard before I venture up and down the stairs to "try" to get him to nap.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't think I can take another one of these nights again... I AM BEAT! :(

No comments: