Friday, May 04, 2007

Mia's hives are back!

Just an update on Mia's hives.....

This morning, Mia woke up with no hives so I thought they were gone and that it was only an over night thing. Once we got home from a playgroup today around noon, Mia grabbed her upper arm and said, "Hot, Hot!" when I was taking her out of her car seat. Then when I changed her, I noticed that both upper arms were now covered in hives! It looked so painful, but thankfully it's not bothering her. I then gave her some benedryl which I hope will clear it up. I'm sure it will for a few hours but the hives will prob return like they did today. Thankfully the hives are not contagious or bothering her.

Last night the urgent care doc said to call our doc's office if the hives come back to see if there is anything else we could give her, but they closed at noon today. So I called our pharmacist and he said benedryl is the only thing to give her. I'm going to leave a msg at our doc's office though to see what they say.

I still wonder what the heck caused the hives? It could have been the dried fruit pieces (never had them before) I gave her yesterday afternoon so maybe I should stay away from them for a bit? Who knows!

I'll keep you posted on her condition as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Thom. Have you check and see if she have food allergies?