Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mia's 1st case of hives

Well today after Mia woke up from her 3 hour nap (NICE!) at 4:30, Josh noticed a red swelling and bumpy marks on her upper arm area and we weren't sure what to make of it. It wasn't a lot but enough to make us wonder. After an hour it went away but it came back after I gave her a bath, but this time on her butt and lower leg. I figured I better take her to urgent care to see what the heck it was and plus I wasn't sure how much it would have spread in the a.m. if I didn't take her. The rash looked pretty looked painful, but Mia didn't even know it was there. Anywho, I took her to urgent care and when the doc looked at her, I noticed that both her butt checks were now red raw and looked like chapped skin with some bumps on them. The rash didn't seem to bother Mia which was good b/c he said it usually is pretty itchy. He said it is probably hives which is not contagious and where it came from they can't really pinpoint. He said it's probably from the flu she had a week ago or something she ate recently. He gave her some Benedryl which hopefully will kill the rash. If not, I have to take her to our doc tomorrow to see what other meds she can give her. I just hope this rash will clear up tomorrow sometime and not spread anymore. The doc said it can take a day...or a week. Let's hope it's a day!

Poor thing has had pink eye, ear infections and now this. I guess there's a first time for everything!

I'll keep you posted on Miss Mia's hives.

No comments: