So just around dinner time last night, I noticed Mia's eyes becoming red and puffy w/ some discharge. She wasn't really touching them or rubbing them during the day, just towards the evening. I was going to take her to the docs tomorrow morning, but took her to urgent care around 6:30 tonight just to be safe. The doc there said she has pink eye and prob got it at daycare (very common I guess). I really didn't know she had it until the symptoms started showing when Josh got home from work tonight.
Mia also came out of Urgent Care with two ear infections (she's had about 7-8 now since last year), poor thing! I had no idea she had ear infections but knew something was up with her constant crankiness since last Thurday morning (she was fine Fri morning though). She was fine other than the first hour of waking up and ate/slept okay. Mia wasn't pulling on her ears or anything but was holding the side of her mouth the other day....I thought it was teeth. :(
It's sad to think that parents would send their kids to daycare w/ pink eye...if that is what happened. Maybe she got it from someone who was starting to have symptoms but whose parents weren't aware of it yet? Who knows. It's daycare and this doesn't surprise me.
Mia is doing better today and I am with her for the afternoon. Josh is going to stay home tomorrow and I'll be w/ her on Thursday. She may be good to go on Friday for daycare, but we'll just play it by ear. Poor thing though! We're going to ask our doc to see what she says about ear tubes since this is Mia's 7th ear infection for the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment