Hola,
It's been a while since I've updated you on Mia, so here it is:
Mia enjoyed her 2nd Christmas this year with both sets of grandparents and got a lot of cute gifts which she loves to play it. She got to take her first train ride at the Carrolls and got to sit with Santa whom she just stared at...it was cute. Mia got to visit her great grandparents along with many other family members whom she hasn't seen in a while. We all had a great Christmas with our families.
Daycare
Mia started daycare on Jan. 3 and is doing very well. In the beginning they said she would fuss and cry throughout the day and even for her naps. Her teachers said she'd only nap b/t 45 mins to 1 hour for the first week or so and just this past week, she has been napping w/o a problem for at least 1 1/2 hours! Nice! Mia also didn't cry at daycare this past Friday (after not being there for a week due to the holiday and her being sick) when I dropped her off. She didn't cry the entire time she was there and loved playing with her new friends. Her teachers said she is doing very well and that is she very smart. She must get that from her mommy! ;)
Ear Infections/Pink Eye
Her ear infections and pink eye are gone thankfully. I still think she got pink eye from daycare although they told me she could have gotten it anywhere (true, but I think she still got it there). What an ordeal that was! I hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon!
Words
Mia can say about 30 words or so and just loves to chat all the time. She def takes after her mommy! She also learned how to sign for "baby" and I wasn't sure what she was signing for until I looked it up last week. She can do another sign which I have to ask her teachers about b/c I have no idea what it is. :)
Eating
Mia eats pretty well although sometimes she just wants a nana instead of anything else. She'll eat well for at least one meal out of the three and sometimes (not all) it's all three. She has a lit'l pot belly to show for it too!
Sleeping
Since Mia started daycare, we've been putting her to bed a bit earlier than her normal 7pm bedtime...just so she can get her usual 12 hours of sleep. She now gets up in the mornings around 6:15-6:45 even on the weekends...ugh! :) Josh and I take turns getting up with her on the weekends though so we can both sleep in a bit. We try putting her down later on the weekends and giving her two naps, but she still seems to get up right around 6:30ish and will sometimes go back down for us. Oh well! :)
Josh and I are doing well and loving our baby girl. She is such a joy to be around and just has soooo much energy! She loves to play with her babies, doggie, telephones and loves to read her books...or try to at least. She'll come over to us with a book and will sit on our lap wanting us to read her the book. It's really too cute and we just love when she does that. Josh and I can't believe Mia is already 1 1/2 years old and wonder where the time went? Although it has gone by fast, we've enjoyed every minute with her and look forward to many more!
No comments:
Post a Comment