Monday, January 08, 2007

Crib accident

So I put Mia down for a nap around 3:10 this afternoon and about 30 mins later I heard her crying a ton for like maybe 10 seconds and then she was fine...at least I figured she was. Then after another 10 mins or so she decided not to go to sleep so as I went in to get her, I saw her with her teddy bear sitting in her crib with some dried blood that outline her mouth! I was like WTH? Then as soon as I wiped her mouth and she opened out, out came the blood and it was enough to make me worry even more. I thought she knocked her teeth out...I was freaking out. I gave her some water which helped stop the bleeding and called Josh who was at the dentist. I was able to look at her top teeth area where it seemed to have been bloody and told Josh on the phone that it's her top teeth...they were a bit bloody were the gum was and it seemed like there was a lit'l tint-ish mark where they meet in the middle. The hygienist came on the phone and said that it's prob not serious b/c baby's teeth roots haven't formed yet and said to let Mia calm down, then take a look to assess the teeth. So I'm going to wait a bit before I look again. She is playing now and is herself, I'm just afraid her front teeth may have been affected by her fall in the crib (I didn't even hear her fall on the monitor)...I hope not though. The dentist said to call his cell if the gum area is swollen and if her teeth have moved (which I don't believe they have). I'll keep you posted.

No comments: