So I hit the big 3-0 on Aug. 27 and now I can kiss my 20s goodbye. :( I had a great day though spent going to church where one of my friends surprised me with flowers which was soooo nice. Then Josh took me out for dinner while our awesome friends Kari and Mike babysat for us (thanks again Guys!). We went to a cute Italian restaurant where two waitresses along with the rest of the customers (maybe 25 ppl or so) all sang happy bday to me. It was funny and I was like Ohhhh noooo, they are not going to sing, are they?! Our good friend Derik and his parents were there also and thought it would be funny to say, during the "how old are you" part, that I'm 16...haha! Funny Derik, thanks! ;) I did get a free yummy choc layered cake to eat so that was nice! Then Sunday of Labor Day weekend, while at a friend's Labor Day party, Josh surprised me with a yummy birthday cake which was a surprise and very sweet. Thanks baby! I found out later that the cake was to throw me off in believing there was nothing else coming! I have a sneaky hubby. :)
Here is the email I sent out to everyone after Josh threw me a surprise 30th bday party which was great! :)
Well yesterday turned out to be a great day (thankfully b/c our morning started out pretty rough with Miss Mia being absolutely inconsolable due to more molars! Lovely!) and here is why. My good friend Carrie asked me to go shopping last week and of course I said yes. However, I wasn't sure if it was going to happen yesterday b/c I had to study and plus Mia was very cranky. Anywho, Josh persuaded me to go (good reason for that...read on) and Carrie and I spent a few hours browsing and buying while Josh had "other things" to do. She told me she had to be back by 3:15ish or so and right around that time, we were at my house. Carrie said she wanted to stop in for a bit to see Mia and so as I opened the door...all I heard was "SURPRISE!! HAPPY BDAY!" I was SHOCKED to say the least and totally caught off guard. I HAD NO IDEA that Josh planned this and was soooooooooo surprised! Josh got a pic of me walking in the door w/ a big smile on my face due to pure shock. What also made it ever better was to see everyone wearing shirts (even the babies) that said "30 ISN'T OLD...BUT CATHY IS!" (Thanks for thinking of that slogan Josh..haha!) that Josh had them wear. It was tooooo funny!! I couldn't stop smiling. This was def one of the best surprises yet...and bdays too!
Thanks Josh for planning my party (though it took some time to find a weekend where no one was busy), getting the food, balloons, decorations and cute shirts! You were very thoughtful baby. :) You really had me fooled believing the cake we had with our friends last weekend was the real celebration...good job! Thanks also to everyone who helped...and came! It was nice to spend my 30th with you all. I bet you were glad I decided to go shopping huh Josh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment