Miss Mobile Mia is now almost 14 monnths (this thursday) and is as crazy as ever! She loves to run, play peek-a-boo, blow kisses, roll around on the floor when she can't have her way, feed seeko her snacks by shoving them in his face, give hugs, standing on pillows and books, rub her butt on walls and doors, and not share her things with other babies...we are working on that. :) Mia also loves to dance and listen to her toddler music CDs which is just too cute.
Mia took her first fair outing labor day weekend which was a lot of fun. She got to pet animals in the petting zoo such as deer, goats, and pigs. Mia also got to see cows, Llamas and huge bulls among others. We had a great time except when Mia decided to become incoleable about 1 hour and 45 mins after getting there....we still have no idea why. It just happened out of the blue, she was just about due for nap but doesn't get like that generally. She ended up laying her head on my shoulder on the way out, then fell asleep in the car for about 5 mins, woke up screaming again, and then I finallllllly managed to calm her down. Poor thing!! She slept a good 2 1/2 hours when we got home, thankfully!
Feeding wise, Mia eats pretty well. She is picky about what she picks up with her fingers especially meat which she usually picks up and throws...or just doesn't touch. Mia does loveeeeee peas, green beans, bread, ritz crackers, fruit, oatmeal and bread...basically she likes anything! As of Sunday afternoon of labor day weekend, Mia has not been eating well, only drank 3 oz of milk before bed Sun night, then Monday, she hardly ate at all or drank any milk (maybe 9 oz total). Mia did eat dinner that Mon night thankfully and took most of the 9 oz then. She developed a fever of almost 102 Mon night and we think that the 5 teeth (3 of which are molars...I noticed the bottom right one Sunday night) that are coming in at the same time have something to do with it.
Mia is now completely off baby food jars and was off the bottle until Sunday Sept 10th when we had to resort back to the bottle b/c she wouldn't calm down for anything but that. She did very well transitioning to the sippy cup for water and milk...no problem at all! However, she prefers to drink her milk from a certain sippy cup and won't take it from any other one which is fine with me. :)
Sleep/Nap wise, Mia now sleeps 12 hours at night! That's been happening since she had her 105 fever/virus about a month ago and I'm loving it! She also is down to one nap if she gets up at 8am or later. If she gets up earlier (which she hasn't done since she's been sleeping 12 hours), then she'll take two naps which she's been doing for a few days now. I also have been pushing her one nap out a bit b/c it would only last about 1 hour and 15-30 mins. My friend told me I should try pushing it out a bit if Mia is doing well and as of last friday, I have been doing that. Mia now is napping at least 2 hours or more, but sometimes it's a bit less. :) Can't wait until it's 3 hours!
Now on to talking...or should I say babble? Mia loves to just babble a lot which I love. She still says Dada a ton, doesn't say MaMa that much, says GO GO GO, does the "more" sign after seeing her girlfriends Gracie and Sam do it and screams a high pitched squeal when she can't have something or when another baby takes her toy or Seeko eats her snack (which she gives him?!). Mia loves to chat to herself in the mornings and during the night too...it's cute to hear and I just wonder what she is talking about. :) I'm working on teaching Mia some more signs from our baby sign book and am doing "please" and "shoes". It's really amazing to see her do the "more" sign and to know that she understands what she is doing. I love it!
Weight wise, I think Mia is about 22-23lbs and is growing taller and taller. She is def going to need some new clothes for the fall and winter which I love buying!
Other than that, all is going well here and Mia is keeping us busy as usual. We look forward to the fall weather and dressing Mia up in her pink octopus outfit for Halloween...it's going to be so cute on her! We also look forward to taking her to the pumpkin patch again this year which should be more fun now that she is 1 year old. Our little girl is growing fast and we are enjoying every minute!
No comments:
Post a Comment