Since we've been on the east coast (almost three weeks), Mia's been doing some new things. She now says "ite" for light and "ock" for clock. She knows how to give her baby a bottle or her sippy when we say "Mia, give your baby some water or give her the bottle". She also puts or tries to put socks on her feet and sandals too when we say "Mia, put the socks/sandals on your feet"...it is too cute! She also will try to pull up your shirt and look for your bellybutton so watch out!! Mia can also blow kisses (I showed her how to do it last week and she picked it up within minutes!) by putting her hand to her mouth...I love it! She doesn't know how to blow them yet...have to work on one thing at at time. :)
Mia also knows where her eyes, ears and mouth are when we ask her where they are. For instance, I'll say, "Mia, where are your eyes?" Or, "Mia, donde estan los ojos? " (I'm still trying to teach her spanish) and she'll point to them on my face or hers. When I ask her where her ears are, she'll lean her head to one side and look at my ears...priceless!
As you can tell, Mia has learned a lot since we've been here and she is also walking very well. She can walk well on hard surfaces and hardly crawls anymore. She also decided to stop nursing off of me (sat July 15th) prob b/c there's nothing there anymore. I did not feel engorged (haven't for months), didn't feel any pain...just felt nothing. It felt right to do b/c she loves her bottle and the formula. It didn't even faze her that she's not nursing off me anymore. She doesn't cling on me or anything, b/c if she did, I'd feel badly and may give in and nurse her. :) I was ready for her to stop nursing b/c I wasn't giving her much lately. She just didn't seem satisfied as of last week after she would nurse the first feeding. I stopped the nightime feedings on June 13th, the two daytime feedings on June 30th and then the early morning one on July 16th (woudn't nurse off me once again...so I said I'm done!). I'm glad I did it for one year and look forward to breastfeeding again with our other babies which we hope to have! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment