Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Incidents

Yeah so while I was in BRU today, Mia was eating some puffs while I was looking for an umbrella stroller. Then all of a sudden, she started coughing and turning red! She couldn't catch her breath and was slumping over in the cart. I panicked, slapped her back and tried to get her out of the cart while another lady was about to help me (I saw her and asked her for help). As soon as I did that, she started crying and was okay...phew! I was sooooo scared, I was like shaking like a leaf and hugging her at the same time. To see your baby choking is something I am so scared of.

This was the 2nd time this happened in two days...kinda. On Monday, Mia was eating a piece of my banana and started gagging on it. Her eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets! As I was about to hit her back area, she coughed it up thankfully. I was so relieved yet so scared...my heart was racing a mile a minute! This girl is going to give me a heart attack!


Mia is now napping and seems fine despite the incident we had today. Now I don't want to give her any puffs or bananas anymore just in case she starts choking again. :( Guess she'll never learn how to chew if I don't give her these things.

No comments: