Well I think I covered most of what Mia has been doing in the posts below. What I haven't covered is that...
Mia is very energetic, vocal and just loves playtime. Mia loves to mock me when I squeal and loves playing with Daddy when he comes home from work. She loves going to the childcare at the gym and playing the toddler section of the room (yeah she does not like the baby section!). She loves crawling, loves taking steps (so far she can take 10 at a time!) and standing, eating star puffs and wagon wheels and loves to spit out food when she doesn't want anymore. She is one silly girl!
As far as listening to us, Mia does pretty well in that category. We'll tell her NO as soon as she goes near something that is dangerous (fire place) or crawls into the kitchen (tile floor...too hard) and sometimes she'll listen, other times she chooses to ignore us...especially when she crawls into the kitchen. So once she started to not listen, I decided to barricade our living room (on Monday) off so she can't crawl near the kitchen. It worked!
I am teaching Mia some spanish words along the English words and so far so good. She def understands when I ask her if she wants milk in spanish and english. She knows where the fan is when I ask her in both languages and it's just too cool that she knows what I am asking! As far as signs, she knows the milk and more sign and actually signed MORE yesterday when I showed her how to do it during lunch! Woo Hoo! I think she may have done it on Monday but I'm still not sure if she did it. She hasn't signed for milk in a while but def knows what it looks like! :)
Sleep wise, Mia is a great sleeper and I really can't complain about anything except that lately, she has been getting up about 30-40 mins after we put her down. Andddd she doesn't want more milk...just wants to cuddle with us!! :) I love it! We do give it some time before we go in but she usually is crying very loudly and we go in within 5 minutes. We pick her up and she immediately lays her head on our shoulder and sometimes falls asleep! She is then good to go for the rest of the night. The whole thing lasts about 5 mins before we put her back down. I actually like going in to get her b/c she just wants to be close to us one last time before she goes to sleep. Way too sweet!
Josh and I absolutely love being parents and watching our little girl grow! It is pretty amazing to say the least!
Everything else like walking/stepping and eating food is mentioned below. I do hope you enjoy reading my blogs as much as I enjoy writing them!
Love,
Cathy, Josh and Mobile Mia
No comments:
Post a Comment