Sunday, April 23, 2006

Update on Mobile Mia

Well here's another update:

Mia turned 9 months on April 14th and is mobile as ever! She is crawling everywhere and loves to stand. She's not walking yet...thankfully! ha! I think I can wait for that to happen. :) Mia did however walk alongside of the Carrolls furniture while we were home for Easter and I'm sure there will be tons more of this kind of mobility coming my way!

Mia is also very vocal and loves to say DaDa and MaMa, although she says DaDa more (Josh is happy!). She hasn't said anything else yet and I think kitty or doggie will be her next words. Or maybe it will be perro or gato (I'm teaching her Spanish too!)!

Mia started eating meats on April 13th and had squash, corn and chicken which she liked (still stage 2 baby food). We are giving her stage 3 (thicker) baby food starting today. Mia also decided that she likes the taste of wood due to the teeth marks on her crib railing (found them about 2-3 weeks ago). Silly girl!! We had to put a rubbery thing on it yesterday and it seems to work, so far!

Mia is still doing pretty well in the sleep category although she is still congested and has a cough which causes her to not go right down to bed. Sometimes she'll cry as soon as we put her down (she's been doing that since we went back home for Easter) and it'll turn into a scream! We'll let her go for a few mins, then Josh will go in to rock her. Usually that does it and she's good to go when she goes into the crib. Her naps though sometimes don't happen due to her crying bouts and we just get her up (we generally give her 15 mins before we go in) and try it again in 30 mins. Then she's pretty much good to go for a 1 1/2-2 hour nap unless she decides she doesn't want to nap. That is always nice! haha!

So Mia is still congested and her doc said it is most likey a sinus infection. We have her on antibiotics as of yesterdy and we hope that helps b/c I hate seeing her all stuffed up. We have to bring her in in a week if the medicine does not work.

As for me and Josh, we love watching our baby girl accomplish all of her milestones. We can't believe she is already 9 months old?! It's crazy how fast time goes by! We do love it though and look forward to her growing into a pretty little girl. :)

Read my other posts below for other interesting stuff...

Until next month, have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaahhhhhh! I love these blogs! It's nice cuz I feel like I'm there..haha. I can't believe Miss Mia is walking (andando). I'm so happy you're teaching her Spanish words! That's awesome! Maybe she'll be a Spanish teacher like her fav aunt Patsy...haha! Well, gotta run...thanks for the updates! WE luv them!

Love,
Patsy, Kieran and Titan