Friday, April 28, 2006

Mia's still coughing, congested and has runny nose :(

So I had to take Mia in again to our docs office today b/c her cough/runny nose/congestion has not improved since she has been on the antibiotics (a week tomorrow). The nurse practitioner (NP) (we couldn't get my doc b/c she was booked) thought it was allergies at first until she spoke with my doc who said babies generally do not develop allergies this early and that it is a viral infection, not bacterial. The NP said that we basically have to wait it out and that there isn't anything else we can do besides what we are doing now (giving her Pedicare). She said since Mia is so active and eating well, that there isn't anything to worry about.

Although Mia's cough started back on April 7th, her congestion has been lingering for almost 6 weeks now which the NP said is normal. I forgot to ask her if her congestion will now be contagious b/c she is off the antibiotics. Anyone know about this? I'll have to call my doc on Monday to find out. Anywho, the NP said it could take a while longer for Mia to get better, so I guess I just have to be patient and hope for the best! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: