Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back in Cali

We are back in good old Folsom, Cali! Our trip back east was so much fun and it was great to see our family and friends. Everyone couldn't believe how big Mia got since Christmas and were amazed to see how fast she crawls. We had a nice Easter with our families and Mia got to see her first Easter bunny and clown. It was cute!!

Mia did very well on the plane flight back home last Wed night. She slept 3 hours on the way to Chicago, then an hour in the aiport and was up for 2 hours on the way to Phili. She did very well thankfully! She also did well napping and it didn't take her 6 days to nap like it did when we were back home for Christmas. I think Mia napped better back there then she did here! She took a 2 hour and a 3 hour on Sat and Monday which surprised us. We even had to wake her Sat from her 3 hour nap! However that all ended when she her nasty cold and cough came back full force on Easter then the crankiness started (maybe due to her 3rd tooth coming in).

Sunday night, Mia was definitely not herself. She started to not nap her last nap and her cold was back in full force. Her cough wasn't any better. Then she got up at 3:30am Mon morning! Ahhh! She was screaming and crying and I had to feed her so she'd go back to bed. Then she got up at 7:15am and wouldn't go back down. I tried but she just literally screamed and cried. :( I was soooo tired that Josh's mom was happy to take her and play with her. Mia got cranky right around 9am when Grandma tried to put her down for a nap, but Miss Mia screamed once again. I woke up b/c I felt badly and Mia was very very cranky. I ended up nursing her and she fell asleep on my shoulder, she was exhausted! She even stayed asleep when I put her down for a nap. However, Mia decided to poop her pants and only napped an hour. She was sooo tired and cranky.

Mia's next nap didn't happen either at 12:30. She was given us cues that she was very tired but as soon as I put her down and left the room, she screameddddd! So we let her got a few mins and it wasn't working. We got her up and decided to take her out in the 70 degree weather and eat some lunch. Finally, Mia took a nap at 1:45 ater I suctioned out her nose b/c she couldn't breathe when she was sucking on her fingers. She napped 3 hours and woke up b/c she pooped her pants once again! She could have slept longer, poor thing. She was fine though and did well when we visited josh's neighbor, Janice, that night. Mia got to show Janice how active she is and was crawling around like crazy. She loved their dog Henry and prob thought it was Seeko!

Tuesday came and Mia slept about 6 1/2 hours (didn't go to bed until about midnight PST...we kept Mia on cali time while we were home)Tues morning and wouldn't go back down for me. :( I was soooo tired and so was Mia. Grandma and Grandpa took care of her yesterday morning while we packed up to leave. Too bad Mia didn't nap the entire morning and was pretty cranky for them. We left their house around 1pm and headed to the phili airport for our 4pm flight.

Our flight back to Cali went very well thankfully. We all got some sleep on the leg from Wash Dulles to Sac when Mia slept 3 hours and 20 mins during the 5 1/2 hour flight. I think we slept a couple hours too. Sleep never felt so good!! We landed in Sac last night around 8:30. However, United decided to put our biggest piece of luggage on another flight from Phili, so we had to wait until 10pm for it to arrive. We left Sac airport at 10:30ish, hit a ton of traffic on the way which caused Mia to become even crankier, and had to pull over on the highway so I could nurse her. It helped but Miss Mia was extremely tired. We ended up putting her to sleep a bit after midnight and she went right down for us. Phew!

It's Wednesday and we are now home which Seeko and Onyx are happy about, seeko more than Onxy! He was crying and crying when we walked in the door last night, too cute! Miss Mia however still isn't a happy camper. She woke up at 7:15am, wouldn't go back down, screamed when we tried and wouldn't nap at all. She literally would scream to the top of her lungs until I went in to get her. Then she was fine. Right now, it's a bit after 11am and Josh put her down for a nap, 3rd attempt. She cried off and on prob b/c her nose is all stuffy and it sounds like she is sleeping. She isn't running a temperature thankfully (98.5 today) and her cheeks aren't flushed like they were Mon night and yesterday. We are pretty certain all this is due to teeth including the slight temp of 100.5 she had Tues morning. That was the highest she had and baby motrin brought it down. Poor Mia, I hate seeing her like this and I have no idea what to do when she doesn't even want to be held and is screaming. I wish I could go through the teething for her.

Anywho, I am very exhausted from our trip and not getting enough sleep last Friday night. Josh and I had a blast with Patsy, Linda, Paulie, Krock, Tammy, Katie and Paulie's friends at Tinks that night...have to do it again! We didn't get in until 3:30am Sat morning and I woke up at 7:30 b/c Mia wanted to get up. Sooooo since then , I really haven't caught up with my sleep which I need to do soon! It definitely feels good to be home, but sad that we had to leave our families, once again. :( We'll be seeing them for Mia's 1st bday on July 14th! I can not believe I am saying that already!!

No comments: