Well it's time for our family update! Here it goes:
MR. KEEGAN
Weight
I am guessing that Keegan weighs 19 lbs or close to it. He hasn't gained that much weight since he was 6 months old, prob b/c he gained it all in the first 6 months! :) He is getting long and leaner, but he is still my chunky monkey!
Crawling/Standing
Keegan is one mobile baby! He is crawling everywhere and since a couple weeks ago, has been pulling himself up on everything! Keegan loves to stand up in his crib and cry for mommy...it's cute to see him smile when I walk in to get him. :) He does pretty well standing when we hold him and takes little steps. Today he walked alongside of the ottoman for the first time when he pulled himself up on it. Josh said he did it the other day too! He is now trying to get down from the standing position and just kind of plops down on his butt. I know he can do it b/c I found him in two different spots in the crib standing up. He's one little stinker!
Eating
Sleeping
Keegan is doing pretty well in the sleep category. He naps about 2 naps a day ranging anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours. Sometimes he can take 3 if one nap is really short, but it's usually two. He can usually stay awake for about 2 hours when he first gets up before he needs a nap. Once he gets up from his nap, he can stay away for about 3 hours before taking his 2nd nap. Then usually he is up until bedtime at 8pm and that can be about 4 hours. He is just so mobile that anything keeps him busy and awake!
As for night time, he is doing A LOT better thankfully! As of about a week ago, he has been sleeping through until about 6am. Sometimes he will go right back down and other times, he is just too awake to sleep. He'll just stand up and cry until I get him. I don't mind getting up at 6am though b/c it could be worse...it used to be worse! :) We do love having the evenings to ourselves!
Words
Keegan can say DaDa and as of last Friday can say Mama! Yay!! We have been practicing since Mother's Day weekend and it paid off! haha!!
Keegan is one happy baby and is such a blessing! I love seeing him grow and get along so well with his big sister. It is so amazing to see how well Mia gets along with him compared to how she was with him last year. They are so cute together! Keegan always smiles when he sees Mia. It's priceless!
MISS MIA
As far as sleep, Mia is still a great sleeper! She will nap one 2-3 hour nap per day and sleeps about 11-12 hours at night. We get her ready for bed, brush her teeth and read books...then it's bedtime! She doesn't go to sleep right away and will chat a while to herself..but she does eventually fall asleep and will sleep right through. I can't complain! Now if we can get keegan to sleep that well! haha!
This fall Mia will be going to preschool which should be fun for her! She is very friendly (shy at first) and outgoing so I'm sure she will do well. Mia knows a lot of things like colors and counting which will come in handy when she goes to school.
Mia just loves her brother and gives him toys when he gets cranky. She likes to feed him and luckily I don't let her do it too often...quite messy! Mia loves to give him kisses and hugs...I just love it! She also calls him Keegster b/c that's what I call him. :) She's like a mini me!!
MOMMY AND DADDY
As far as me and Josh, we are doing very well and love being parents. It's amazing to see our little kiddies grow and learn new things. We love seeing how excited Mia gets when we go places or eat yummy food. We also love it when Keegan gets all happy when he sees us...it's so cute!
Josh is now working for Numonyx and nothing really has changed...except for the name of his company. His job is the same and so are the ppl he works with. His trip to Italy to setup the new company in April went well but he was happy to get back home...and so were we!
I am doing well too and am loving mommyhood. I love playing with my kids, they are my life. Although I do get stressed out when they have their "moments", we try to grin and bear it. Toddlers have their days and so do babies but luckily the hard days seem to be over. Then I hear that the "3s" are worse! haha!! I am back down to my pre-prego weight and have been now for over a month. My capris seem to not fit though and I can blame that on my pregnancies...it changed my shape! I'm sure they'll fit eventually! Other than that, I am loving being a mom and look forward to seeing my kids grow closer each day. :)
Hope you enjoyed our family update! Check out our pics on the side of the page when you can.
Love,
Cathy, Josh, Mia and Keegan
No comments:
Post a Comment