Tuesday, April 10, 2007

And the results are in......




HI EVERYONE!

Josh and I had our 20 week ultrasound done today and we are very excited to tell you that we are having a baby boy! How exciting to have one of each now! :) As soon as we got in the room, the tech asked us if we wanted to know the gender which we did. She was able to get a good look at "it" and said "Oh yeah, it's a boy" and then little keegan closed his legs. She was very certain though so we're pretty sure it's a boy. She also said everything looks great and that I'm a bit under 20 weeks which is what I am (19 weeks and 3 days to exact). My sister got to come with us (and Mia too who did very well!) and we all saw his little heartbeat (heartrate was 145), his stomach, bladder, little arms and legs and got to see him drinking the fluid! It was pretty cool!

This time around, the 2D images were clearer than they were with Mia. Our doc said it was probably b/c the hospital's equipment wasn't probably as up-to-date when we got our Mia's 2D done two years ago. Anywho, we got about 16 pics but some of them aren't the greatest b/c our little baby was moving around like crazy! He cooperated when she had me empty my bladder two times but besides that, he wouldn't let her get a face shot, but we came kind of close. Here is the link to the pics:

http://pictures.deblin.org/v/Pictures+from+2007/Keegan+Carroll/


Our parents are very excited to have their 2nd (my parent's 3rd) grandbaby arriving this summer. My mom can't wait to shop! haha!! I'm excited to see how Mia will react to a new baby brother?! I'm sure she will do just fine! Now Josha and I just have to think of a middle name! We are very happy though as you can tell and glad the tech was able to tell us the gender today! :)

I also had my regular prenatal appointment which went well. Baby Keegan was active once again, had a heartbeat of 140-150 and sounded great. I weighed in at 129 (w/ clothes on) and have gained a total of 12 lbs so far. My next appointment is on May 10th when my doc will start measuring my belly.

Until next time.... :)