Jan 2 (2 days ago)
Josh, Mia and I are finally back in Cali as of late last night (our flight on Sunday got delayed 3 hours due to Chicago weather once again causing us to miss our Chicago layover. We chose to take a flight out on Monday and enjoyed News Years with my cousins instead of in the airport). We had such a great time with our family and friends and glad we got to spend Christmas with them all and New Year's too. Mia enjoyed seeing Santa although it took a few times for her to actually sit on his lap and loved unwrapping her gifts. She got sick of unwrapping gifts after a couple times and my family and I ended up opening them for her...it was fun! She got a lot of cute things which she loves including a toddler chair which we will be opening tonight. :)
Our flight back to Cali was a repeat of the flight to PA but worse (screaming wise). Mia did horrific for the first hour of the flight from PA to Atlanta and screamed to the top of her lungs for about an hour on a tiny jet. We did the "pass the baby back and forth" game while she was flailing every part of her body...it was not fun since Josh and I were very tired and just wanted to sleep. Finally an hour, Mia fell asleep on me probably b/c she was so drained and just gave up. Thank god she slept though even if it was only for an hour. That was the first leg...the better of the two legs.
Our second leg was horrible, much worse than the first. Mia would not, absolutely not, sleep on us and just screamed histerically off and on for almost the entire 4 1/2 hours. It was the longest flight ever. We tried everything from getting her snacks to giving her milk, but they only lasted for so long until she got antsy again. It was so bad that some lady came by us and said, "I'm a pediatrician, is there anything I can do to help?" Yeah that's how horrible Mia was. We just told her Mia was beyond tired and just doesn't do well on planes/sleeping on us. Mia liked her though so that helped to calm her down a bit. The lady gave her a plastic cup and a purple ribbon to play with but that got old quick. Then the lady said to walk her up and down for a bit which we haven't done just b/c of turbulence and Mia maybe wanting to get into people's things. So we tried that but it was too hard with ppl getting up all the time. So when I ended the walking up and down the aisle, Mia threw her tantrum once again. Josh and I were sooooo drained and frustrated and really were counting down the minutes until we landed, that's how bad it was. He and I really just wanted to sleep. That didn't happen until we got home at 11ish last night.
I told Josh last night that I do not want to fly anymore (with Mia) and that doing so drains us all. I would rather drive from Cali to PA then have to deal with what we go through each time we fly (although I prob wouldn't do it) with Mia. Plus, it's hard with all of our luggage, a stroller, 2 carry-ons, a huge convertible car seat and a toddler. I really just would like to be w/in driving distance to our family and friends and we hope that will happen soon.
The most important thing is is that we home safe and sound thank god! We had a rough flight with turbulence near GA and it realllly scared me seeing the plane shake so much. God was definitely listening to my prayers!
We hope you all had a Happy New Year like we did! It is so good to be home! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment