Sunday, October 15, 2006

15 Months Old

Mia is now 15 months old as of Oct. 14 and has been keeping busy. Here is what has been happening:

*Baby Sign*
Mia has been doing "more" for a while now and as of today can do "please". She picked it up very quickly and only after I showed her once. :) I am working on shoes, thank you and the correct sign for "eat" although she does the "more" sign for "eat". It's really amazing to see her communicate with me through baby sign.

*Baby Talk*
Mia loves to chat and sometimes I just wonder what she is saying. She'll chat while playing with her toys and lovesss to chat with reading her books. I love it! Mia can also say "Good Girl" and "Uh Oh" which is her favorite. Some other words she says are "gat" for gato (cat in Spanish) and "up"...she loves saying up and it's really very cute when she does!

*Eating*
Mia loves to eat! She eats pretty well sometimes but most of the time will throw her food which to me signals "all done". I do the baby sign for that and clean her up even if she hasn't eaten much. If i don't do that, the entire floor by her high chair would be covered in food. She's usually fine with it anyway. Mia also loves to eat her snacks such as ritz crackers especially the bite size cheese ones, baby gold fish, string cheese, yogurt and ABC Cinnamon crackers (I like these too! :) ). Milk wise, Mia gets about 18-20 oz/day of whole mik which she'll take cold or warm...depending on her mood. :) Her little pot belly proves that she loves to eat!

*First Time*
Mia went to My Gym for the first time this past Saturday for one of her boyfriend's 1st birthday party and had a ton of fun. It was her first time there and also her first time on a trampoline which she jumped on all by herself...and loved it! Josh and I also took Mia to Sly Park for the first time one week ago, but mommy forgot her carrier and we had to go home. Maybe next time! During the last weekend of Sept, Mia had her grandparents visit her for one week and did well being away from her mommy and daddy for the 1st time for 4 days while they went on a cruise (which was a blast!).

*Flying again...did alright, but not great*
Mia, Josh and I all flew home the weekend of Sept. 16 for my cousin's wedding which was a blast. We had a hard time with her on the way there, b/c she wouldn't sleep on us and when she did, it wasn't for long. It was tough, but we got through it. Mia did a lot better on the way home thankfully and got a lot of sleep! Phew!

*More teeth*
As of Sept. 18th, Mia's bottom right molar popped through and as of this past week, her top left tooth next to her front one has comed through. Mia now has 9 total teeth and I'm sure more are on their way through!

*Playtime*
Mia loves to run, run, run during playtime and play with alllll of her toys especially her fun books. She'll sit down on me or by herself and read a book...well try to at least. She loves playing with her balls and kicking them all over the living room floor and make a mess for mommy. :) Mia also loves her playdates she has with her baby friends and is working on sharing toys with them. She doesn't get the concept yet, but I'm sure she will eventually. We have playgroups on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri which we try to go to if Mia isn't cranky or needing a nap. I love the playgroups too b/c I get to socialize with my amigas which is always fun.

*Sepeartion Anxiety...almost gone?*
Yeah since Mia was close to 13 months old she developed seperation anxiety and would literally scream when I would walk out of the room. As of the week of Oct. 2nd, she has been doing a ton better and now she doesn't scream at all. Thank god! She also used to cry a ton at the gym's childcare and I would get paged once or twice, would stop by workout to go calm her down, then would leave her again and get paged again...it was tough to say the least. Mia however has been doing great since this past week and although I only got paged once for the 3 days day she was there. The last time we were there they said she cried for like 45 seconds and was fine. Mia actually cried when we left b/c she wanted to play more...silly girl!

*Sleeping*
Mia was sleeping 12 hours/night until this past week when she decided to cut an hour off and sleep 11 hours. She is usually up by 7:15am b/c of poop but will play in her crib with her teddy bear and little blankets until I get up around 8am when she starts fussing. It's always the poop that gets her up especially during her naps which can last anywhere from ~1 hour until 4 hours which she slept today! Yeah she slept a bit over 4 hours and was in bed by 8pm b/c she was tired and cranky. Ya think she would have wanted to go to bed later b/c she slept so long! :)

*Weight/Height*
As of Sept. 14th Mia weighed about 20 1/2 lbs. She probably weighs close to 22 maybe and near 32-33 inches.


Mia's 15 month appt is on Oct. 26th when she'll get some more shots...don't look forward to that!

Next update is in one month...stay tuned!

No comments: