Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mia Update

Well Miss Mia turned 11 months old on June 14 and I can't believe it! Time is going by too fast but I do enjoy seeing her grow. Mia is now almost walking like a pro, but still a bit shakey. She hardly crawls, loves laying down on things such as a blanket and her baby dolls. Mia knows how to turn over the laundry basket we use as a barricade until we get our gate up and loves eating gogurt with mommy. She gets so excited when she knows I'm eating something she likes and can have such as yogurt. Miss Mia however does not like us changing her on the changing table all that much except in the mornings when she gets up...she's too out of it to care. :) She just gets impatient especially at night when she knows it's bottle time.

As far as feedings, she gets about 4 milk feedings/day. I stopped nursing her at night on her 11th month bday b/c I usually end up giving her a bottle after nursing anyway. She doesn't seem to care since she LOVES the bottle! Mia also gets a cereal feeding in the morning, fruit in the afternoon and veggies and meat in the evenings. She loves to eat and especially LOVES anything she can pick up with her fingers.

Sleepwise, no complaints at all...oh except for when she was teething the week of June 12th. She would not nap then and got up a ton when she went to bed at night. It was tough but we got through it thankfully!

I am still teaching Mia Spanish words and phrases and just recently joined a spanish speaking playgroup on Tuesdays (they speak English too). I am not that good at speaking spanish, but I think this will help me and Mia learn Spanish easier.

Other than that, we are enjoying seeing Mia grow up into this little person. It still amazes me that she is ours!! Anywho, we getting ready to head home on Thurs night, June 29th. We can't wait to see everyone and to see Mia or Mommy blow her first candle at the two parties back home. I really can't wait to see her dig into her own little bday cake!! :)

Be sure to check out our pics on the right side...enjoy!

No comments: